About the Client
Our client is one of Australia’s rapidly growing and well-established privately owned allied health businesses with a demonstrated history of providing innovative, evidence-based physiotherapy and allied health services. This organisation has a deep passion for bettering the lives of all clients in their care and pride themselves on delivering the highest level of quality services. About the Role
The purpose of the Team Leader role is to provide leadership and operational oversight to a team of allied health practitioners within a defined geographic region, with the view of delivering high quality care.
Skills and Experience
- Support a dynamic, predominantly part time workforce to ensure that there are sufficient practitioners with the right skills to meet the changing demands of my client.
- Provide leadership and day to day management to a team of allied health staff. Work is carried out across sites at various locations.
- This includes providing contemporary feedback, education, mentoring and clinical advice.
- Participate in recruiting people to the team, including induction and orientation.
- Act as a senior mentor and participate in the company Coaching & Welfare program to support those within your allocated team to continue to be engaged and promote staff retention.
- Assist in ensuring rosters support program delivery and scheduling of community based client programs within the region.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Full registration with AHPRA & National Police Clearance
- Current and clean drivers licence, along with a reliable vehicle
- Minimum 3 years experience in an allied health leadership role
- Evidence of having provided excellent clinical intervention, person centered practice and quality customer service
- Ability to travel outside the usual workplace &/or geographic area for short periods
- Paid internal and external CPD training provided.
- Industry leading remuneration on offer - based on your experience
- Access to a range of best practice digital systems and equipment.
- Generous support for both internal professional development.
If you would like further information, please respond to this message or alternatively contact TAYLA on 0452 552 574 / firstname.lastname@example.org All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.